Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Day 4 in Hawaii.....Mother's Day!

Some people might think it's odd to spend Mother's Day away from your kids, but it truly was the most relaxing day I've ever had. Isn't it normally true that your kids are the worst behaved on Mothers Day? Well in my mind, my kids were perfect on Mothers Day! We slept in and went to Sacrament Meeting. It was so nice to sit by myself with just randy. I don't even know the last time I sat through a sacrament meeting and listened to all the speakers. Since Randy is in the Bishopric, it was a nice treat to have him sit by me also. After the sacrament they had all the men (including visitors) come to the front of the chapel and sing "Love at Home" while the youth of the ward handed out long stemmed roses. It was really neat.

When we got home we took a 3 hour nap and then Randy prepared the greatest mothers day meal for his mom and I. He had gone to Costco the night before and bought everything he needed. He made Pork Tenderloin, scalloped potatoes, spinach salad, shrimp cocktail, and roasted garlic bread. For dessert we had long stemmed chocolate covered strawberries. So DELICIOUS and I didn't have to do one thing!

After dinner we played cards and just relaxed....it was a wonderful day. I am so grateful for my own mom and the wonderful things she has taught me, I know I owe so much to her and I appreciate everything she has done for me. I'm also very grateful to have a wonderful mother in law that I got to spend Mothers Day with in Hawaii....we have such a great relationship and I'm so lucky to have her in my life.....I honestly couldn't ask for a better mother in law......Thanks for my wonderful mom and mother in law for all their help love and support and helping me become the person I am today!

Last but not least I am so grateful to be a mom....I love my kids so much and am so grateful for each one of them...they teach me so much and I love being with them. I've missed them so much while I've been gone, but I know they are well taken care of. Travis, Taylor, Megan and Anney, mom loves you and loves being with you...thanks for choosing me to be your mom, I know i'm not perfect but I try hard everyday! XOXOXOXOX

1 comment:

Shari Tate said...

Sounds like a great day!

It's wonderful to be surrounded by so many blessing and awesome people in your life!