Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Just A quick Update................




Hey everyone! Thought I'd give you a quick update on what's been going on. Randy got back from a fun week of scout camp. They hiked the Highline Trail....Over 50 miles of hiking! Doesn't sound fun to me, but they had a blast!
The kids started swim team and basketball camp this week....they've had so much fun. This is the first year they've had TONS of friends doing swimteam with them. We actually have a neighborhood carpool going with a ton of kids getting dropped off everyday, the best thing is I only have to drive one day a week, but I drive all morning long. It's worth it though!!!
Megan and Anney love swimming everyday, so that fills our afternoons almost everyday. Our fun neighbors join us quite often. Randy and I leave on the pioneer trek this week, so we are looking forward to that. I went and got all my pioneer clothes today, so I'm totally outifitted!!!!! I'll post lots of pictures and tell you all about it. I've been reading the itinerary and I have a feeling this is going to be an emotional weekend, but an incredible experience i will never forget!
And last but not least....a yummy recipe from a friend of mine who is an incredible cook....everything I make of hers, is too DIE FOR!!!!!!!!! (I love recipes and cooking so I'm going to try and share a recipe with every post!!)
JANAN'S BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
1 large bag of frozen hashbrowns, thawed1/2 cube of butter, melted Spray 9x13 pan, spread THAWED hashbrowns in pan. Pour butter over top of hashbrowns. Salt & Pepper to taste. Bake at 425 for 25 minutes. (This can be done the night before and you can refrigerate hashbrowns after cooking them and then continue with the recipe the next day.....or you can do it all at once.)Mix 8 oz. shredded Cheddar Cheese & 8 oz. Pepper Jack Cheese (THIS is the secret ingredient.....YUM!)Spread cheeses over the top of hashbrowns.Choose ham, bacon (cooked and crumbled) or sausage (cooked) - desired amount - spread over cheese layer.Mix 5 eggs & 1 C. milk - pour over entire casserole. Salt & Pepper to taste. Bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes. ENJOY!

5 comments:

The Kriloff Klan said...

I am anxious to see how your trek is! We are taking the summer off swim team this year! I know crazy!! They are all in lessons & doing stroke work to help then for next year. We need to come swimming sometime!

Theresa Marie said...

oh my gosh! I so wish I had a pool!!! That looks like so much fun and how neat to have that to fill your afternoons with fun!

Jana said...

Good luck on the trek!!! You're awesome for going and will be a better woman! I'll be thinking of ya all!

Jamie said...

I absolutley love breakfast cassaroles. I love having it ready and popping it into the oven. Thanks for the recipe:)

The Weights said...

I'm so excited you have a blog. Everyone in our family thought I was weird for having one, now you can be weird with me! Your family picture are so adorable! Green is my favorite color, good choice!