Sunday, March 8, 2009

A New change!





Doesn't he look handsome in his new 'suit"? This morning randy was called to serve as the Second Counselor in the Bishopric. We are so excited for him and our family. We met with the Stake Presidency last Sunday and were issued the call, and it's been an expensive week outfitting him for this new call. We had a couple of suits but one was way too big and one was a little too small, so it's nice to have some that fit him perfectly. I keep making such a big deal about how handsome he is etc. and he about died when I pulled out the camera at 7 a.m. this morning.


It was a wonderful Sacrament meeting and day today. Randy was also ordained a High Priest today by his dad and then after that was set apart for his calling. I have so many overwhelming feelings that are personal and hard to share on a public blog, but since this is my journal I did want to record this event. Let me just say that the Lord does know what is in store for us and has a plan for us, we knew things in our life were changing and he prepared us for this. I do want to thank everyone that came to support us today, we really appreciate it. We have the greatest family and they are always so supportive. Good luck Randy and I know you will be incredible!


EDIT: This is what Randy did when he got home for the day....poor guy!

10 comments:

Amanda said...

I had sick kids today but I heard the news and I am so excited for you. I would have rasied my arm to the square for him. Your family is so awesomeand I am so glad we are neighbors.

joni said...

Congratulations! What exciting news! I am thrilled for you and your family, I know the lord will bless you for this and for your williness to serve him! Again Congrats, this is way exciting news!

julz said...

Wow what a blessing you are in for. Congrats to you all. I feel way old now that your husband is in a bishopric. You used to babysit for me.

Crissie said...

That's fantastic! He'll do such a great job.

Jana said...

The Man upstairs knows what he's doing!!! I'm so pleased with the new, admirable, devoted, fantastic group of men we get to see up there every week! Congrats! 'Twas a good day!

Marilyn said...

Congrats! I heard the news in between meetings yesterday. I remember when Sherwin L was first called in the bishopric-he wore a suit that day-so we all knew he was in...ha ha ha.... Hang in there being a church widow-but there'll be lots of blessings too!

Lilian said...

What a wonderful calling for your hubby to have.

lackrik said...

What a great blessing for him and for your family!

Shari Tate said...

Has Randy seen this?
you are so dead!

Celeste said...

Congrats to Randy and your whole family!