Thursday, June 19, 2008

Sorry to have stolen your shoes....................

I have to document this story because it's so funny and I know Travis will laugh about it later......

It all started last Thursday night after his swim meet at Shepherd Junior High....we get in the car and he looks down at his shoes and realizes the black crocs he is wearing aren't his. These are small on his feet and have a hole in the bottom.......he starts freaking out saying someone "stole" his shoes. I told him Travis everyone has black crocs and they all look the exact same so I'm sure someone just took yours by mistake, etc. We are pretty much the last one's to leave so I figure oh well, someone got a MUCH nicer pair of shoes then we got so they will be happy. I had told travis also..I would just get him a new pair of shoes next time I was at the store....he wasn't very happy cause he wanted "his" crocs.

Fast forward to Tuesday at Swim Team practice at Brimhall Junior High... I go pick him up from basketball Camp (he goes straight from swim team to basketball camp with my sister) and he RUNS out to the car so excited telling me he has found "his" crocs. He said, "mom they were just sitting on the pool deck by themselves." I said, Travis those are someone else's shoes. He tries to tell me, no they aren't they are mine....anyways he wouldn't let it go, I couldn't reason with him, I tried to ask him how they would of gotten from Shepherd to Brimhall by themselves, etc. Basically he saw a pair that looked like his, and he was determined they were his. FINALLY after I said, "travis, those are someone else's shoes and now that poor kid had no shoes to go home in." I can't imagine how long this person spent looking for their shoes, and what if they had to walk home? So after explaining all of this, he finally GOT IT! The look on his face went from so happy he thought he found his shoes, to how bad he felt for someone that went home with no shoes! I kept thinking how frustrated this mom must be....how many times do we say to our kids, Where are your shoes? You came with shoes..no find them! I don't think someone stole your shoes, etc.? Oh I can only imagine..... anyways, to make a long story short he took the shoes back the next day to Brimhall and put them in the lost and found. Let's hope they make it to the rightful owner.

We have another swim meet tonight...so who knows what we will end up with!

5 comments:

Jamie said...

OH MAN !!!! Poor little guy. I get the no reasoning part, sometimes I give up and sometimes I keep going knowing it's important for them to understand.

Unknown said...

I wanted to tell you what he said in church on Sunday that just made me so happy. His class was in the hall waiting to go into primary and one of his class mates was messing around with a picture of the temple and Travis told him to stop doing that because it was disrespectful to the temple. I just thought to myself wow his parents have taught him well!

joni said...

poor travis! How frusting! Hope swim team went better last night! Would love to see you guys!

Marilyn said...

Hi! So glad you stopped by my blog. I missed seeing you at the meet last night-because Alyssa is one of the "big kids" and I hate going early-too hot. Funny story.

Celeste said...

Too funny!