Monday, July 21, 2008

Happy 10th Birthday BUD!!!

Can you believe this guy is 10 now? SCARY!! Its seems like just yesterday I was in LABOR with him. It's weird how much more I remember his birthing story more then any of my other kids. I don't know if it's because he's my first or what, but I remember the details like it was yesterday! I'm certainly glad there has been no pain or epidurals or contractions today, just a fun happy day celebrating with this guy. Tonight we are taking him to the diamondbacks game for his birthday and he is so excited. I took him out to Red Robin with the girls today (taylor is still up in ShowLow with McCown's so she didn't come) but the girls and I took him and we had so much fun. He's at the age where them singing some Happy Birthday song is embarrassing for him....which I don't blame him at all.


He is such a smart loving boy. He always tells me he loves me. Anytime I leave the house, drop him off somewhere, or say good-bye on the phone he always tells me he loves me. It is so sweet and I hope he will always do that. He truly loves his family and sisters. He loves to do things with Randy and I. He is so witty and funny...half of the time, I have to second guess what he says cause he's so funny. He's got a comment or thought for everything.....He loves sports and he loves to learn new things. He can read things once in a book and he remembers them forever! He knows way more trivia and facts about useless things then anyone I know! He loves his cousins, they truly are his best friends! We love him and are so grateful to have in our family. I appreciate all his help he gives me everyday! We love you bud and hope you have a happy DAY!!


Here are some fun pictures from our lunch at Red Robin!

I also did a quick birthday interview today with him.....
· What is your favorite song? Eye of The Tiger (this is on Randy's IPOD and he loves it)
· If you could have one super-power, what would it be? Flying so I could just fly around all day.
· What was the last chore you did? Make my bed
· What's your favorite food? Broccoli Casserole (he does love this....crazy kid!)
· What's the nicest thing you've done for someone in your family lately? Say Thank You to my mom.
· What makes you mad? When someone goes into my room and messes it up.
· Where would you like to go on vacation next year? Hawaii (i think he's dreaming!)
· Who's the smartest person in your family? My dad
· How are you like your dad? We both like baseball and sports
· How are you like your mom? We are both smart (thanks buddy!!!)
· What's one thing that your dad had that you'd like to develop? Strength and he can fix anything
· What's one thing that Dad always said to you? Never go extra bases with no outs!
· What's one thing that Mom always said to you? Clean your room!
· What's one thing that you and Dad did together that you'll always remember? Going to the Diamondback game with my dad and sitting in the dugout seats!
· If you had a million dollars, what's the first thing you'd buy? Catchers Gear
· How do you know that mom loves you? Cause you feed and take care of me!
· What's your favorite cereal? Frosted Mini Wheats
· What's your favorite TV show ESPN or Sports Center
· What's your favorite vegetable? Broccoli
· What personal item that you would never give away? My Bed
· What's your favorite game? Monopoly
· What's your favorite book? Harry Potter
· What food would you eat every day if you could? Broccoli Casserole
· If you could choose a different name, what would it be? Blake or Spencer (these are his cousins he idolizes)
· What's the scariest thing you've ever done. Watch the movie “CLUE”
· If you could eat at any restaurant for the rest of your life, where would it be? Outback
· What's your favorite candy bar? Hersheys Cookies and cream
· What's the last thing that you did that you were proud of? Hit a home run in my baseball game
· What's your nickname? T-Dog!
· What's the best age to be? 10
· What's your favorite holiday? Christmas
· What's the best present you ever got? My WII
· What do you like to eat for lunch at school? Mini Burger Buddies
· Is your room messy or clean? MESSY!!
· What do you and your sisters fight about? The Wii and the computer
· What's under your bed? Nothing!
Happy 10th Birthday Travis!!!!!!

5 comments:

Wendy said...

That's cute Meredith. I liked reading all of Travis's answers. I'll have to remember that for Kyle.

joni said...

I love the interview! Totally Travis! We still need to get him and Nate together! Happy Birthday Travis, I still remember when you were born, I was so excited!

Dan and Wendi Roberts said...

Meredith, I know what you mean about remembering the first birth more than the others. It seems like just yesterday we were sharing pregnancy stories while you were preg with Travis and I with Braden. Time has flown by too fast. I love the interview questions and his answers. What a fun idea. I think I'll have to copy that one.

Jana said...

Happy birthday Travis! Cute survey!

lackrik said...

I can't believe he's 10!!!

Happy Birthday Travis!