Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Ramblings and 3 recipes!


hey guys! It's been forever since I blogged...things have been busy. We just got back from lounging on the beach in Carlsbad California where the weather never got over 72 degrees...some one tell my WHY....We live in this oven where it is 115 degrees!! Randy and I went for a walk every afternoon pushing the jogging stroller eating Popsicles and ice cream and they never melted! Can't say I do that very often in Arizona! Anyways..we had a great time with my family and the kids loved the beach like always. Of course Anney thought it was just like our swimming pool and she loved every bit of it. A few times the waves would completely knock her under the water and she'd come up smiling and laughing wanting the next one to do the same thing. That girl is CRAZY! It's good to be home and we brought home half of the beach with all the sand that is all in my laundry baskets from the dirty clothes!





Yesterday the kids and I worked around the house ALL DAY! My poor house needed some TLC and we got quite a bit done. I was kinda surprised no one complained all day about cleaning....guess they knew it needed to be done. Travis and Taylor hadn't been feeling well so we didn't even go to swim team or swimming in our pool yesterday.





Tonight Travis is going to the diamondbacks game with my dad so he's really excited about that....he actually got in trouble for being disrespectful so instead of grounding him from the game I told him he could go if he mopped all my wood floor (which is a TON) and cleaned the bathrooms. He was thrilled with his option and he's busy working like crazy!


Last but not least....my good friend posted these recipes on her blog and thought I'd share them with you....They all look yummy and I plan on trying all of them..let me know if you do and if you like them!


For Breakfast:
Cinnamon Apple Tortillas
Flour tortillas
applesauce
cinnamon sugar
shredded Monterey or Colby Jack cheese
vanilla yogurt
Place one tortilla in an un-greased skillet or griddle. (These are super quick if you use small tortillas on your electric griddle.) Spread a spoonful of applesauce on a tortilla, then sprinkle cinnamon-sugar over applesauce. Top with shredded cheese and second tortilla. Heat until golden brown. Serve with remaining applesauce and yogurt.


For lunch:
Italian French Toast
Whip up your traditional batch of french toast with eggs and milk in the blender, minus the normal sweet seasonings. Instead, add your favorite Italian seasonings... basil, oregano, garlic salt, Parmesan, pepper... Slice up a loaf of french bread (about 1" slices). Dip your bread slices into the egg mixture and place on a well-buttered griddle. Cook as you would your french toast. When you turn the toast to cook on it's second side, sprinkle a bit of shredded mozzarella cheese. Cook until melted. Serve with some marinara sauce on the side for dipping.




For dinner:
Garlic Herbed Crock-put Chicken

1 pkg. McCormick Italian Herb Chicken Seasoning
2 1/2 lbs chicken tenders
8 oz. package sliced mushrooms
2 15 oz. cans Italian Style Stewed Tomatoes
12 oz. pasta
Put chicken into crock pot. Mix the seasonings & stewed tomatoes in a large bowl. Pour that over the chicken then toss mushrooms over the top. Cover and cook on low for about 6 hours depending on your crock pot. Add and toss your pasta of choice into the chicken mix just before serving.





Have a wonderful day and try and stay cool!

5 comments:

Sherrie said...

Yippee!!! I'm so glad you have I blog so I can see your cute kids. Sounds like you had a great time at the beach. Let me know how you like the recipes you posted. I'm always looking for new things to make. Miss you!!!!

Dan and Wendi Roberts said...

I'm glad you found us. Your blog is very cute. I can't believe how much your kids have grown. I guess I don't realize how much time passes until I see pictures of everybody's kids. I will add you to the people we "spy" on.

Celeste said...

Sounds like you had a great vacation!

Thanks for sharing the recipes...they sound yummy!

Nicole *Ü* said...

Ooohhh!! Those recipes do sound yummy. Savanna got in trouble for being disrespectful for her sister yesterday and she begged and pleaded not to be grounded but that I double or even triple her chores. LOL So her brother and sister got to go to Nana's while she stayed home and did chores. Sounds like you had a wonderful time at the beach, definitely jealous here!! I'd love some weather in the 70s!!

Jamie said...

OH how fun and relaxing:) I love the beach /hate the sand! What a good idea!! I am going to use the do a chore instead of loose the privealage idea.