Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Travis the "absent minded professor!"


Travis is not thrilled in this photo at all cause he knew I was going to put it on my blog....but this is so funny! His teacher has called him the "absent minded professor" since the first week of school. He always has a million things going on in his mind and can't seem to focus sometimes. His desk is a nightmare! She always tells me she has no clue how he finds anything! I am constantly on him about his room, backpack, you name it....he is a pack rat! I'm guessing his teacher had enough of his messy desk so she dumped his whole desk into this big black garbage sack! He walks in the door yesterday from school with this huge bag over his shoulder and I could tell it was really heavy. I said "what the heck is this?" He tells me what his teacher had done and I could of died of embarrassment! I was trying so hard not to crack up laughing cause I was trying to teach him that this is really embarrassing for him and me, and his teacher probably is sick of his desk etc. She told him to clean out the bag, throw all the junk and papers away, bring back her stuff and leave his books and junk at home! So Travis gets a garbage can and starts going through stuff. He has stuff in there from the first week of school and all kinds of garbage! I think we found about 22 pencils. The best was he found some assignments that weren't his and he said, "guess the kids in my class mistakenly thought my desk was the garbage!" He is so dang funny! I think he was happy how much he got cleaned out and I love his teacher and hope she does this often.....what a great idea and I think I'm going to start putting all of him room in a black garbage sack!

5 comments:

Debbie said...

That is too funny. I agree with you maybe I'll start doing that with my kids room too.

Gail said...

I wish it were that easy! I don't think there are black garbage bags big enough for MY junk room:). I think I've had a few "absent minded professors". They're usually the smartest kids on the positive side. He doesn't look any happier than I'd be:).

Jana said...

Funny story! Maybe that garbage bag idea would work for me! It's so funny how our kids have to grow up wondering what we're gonna blog next???!!! Be careful little ones... very careful!

Kaylee said...

We do this every once in a while with Kaylee. It truly works to get her to keep her room clean. We fill the bag with everything on the floor and then give it back about 3 weeks later for her to sort through. She went without pajamas for 2 months once because I forgot to give the bag back.

Rob and Jen said...

Tell Travis we love him and he's in good company with a lot of people at my house--eight, to be exact! =)