Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Hamburger Stew!

I have to post this recipe on my blog cause it was so yummy! I got this recipe from one of my favorite young women leader's blog! I made it today and everyone in my family loved it! I just served it with homemade rolls and the kids loved it! Enjoy!




Hamburger Stew:
1 1/2 lbs. ground beef, browned & drained. (can use canned hamburger)
1 medium onion, chopped (I often substitute dehydrated onion)
4-6 medium carrots, sliced
4-5 potatoes, diced
2-3 celery stalks, diced
1 15oz. can chopped tomatoes
1 can tomatoe soup
1 can beef consume (can use beef bouillon in 1 c. water)
1/2 c. catsup
1 t. A-1 sauce
1 t. Worchteshire sauce
4 cups water
1 1/2 t. salt
fresh ground pepper to taste
chopped parsley, optional

Brown hamburger with onion. Add remaining ingredients. Cover and cook (simmer) 1 hour or till vegetables are tender. This works great in a crockpot but it will take at least 6- 8 hours on high to get the veggies tender and you need to brown the meat first

1 comment:

The Slider Family said...

Yum...it sounds good! I'll have to try it. Congrats on you 10K run! You are amazing!