Thursday, November 6, 2008

3 Kids with strep.......1 more to GO!!

My poor kids! Travis had strep last week and Megan has been sick most of the week so I took her in today and sure enough...she has strep also. Anney has a green nose and showing the signs of starting it. The doctor gave me and antibiotic for Megan and Anney so hopefully they will both start feeling better soon......It's only been a week and I'm sick of having sick kids! I'm sure Taylor will be next, but at least all the kids will of had it! Hopefully Randy and I don't get it!

As far as an update on the kids......

Travis has his last regular season baseball game tonight.....their team is Really good. They have only lost one game so I'm sure they will make it quite far in the playoffs. He loves to play baseball and his team is so fun to watch. It makes up for all those years we sat through T-ball and coach pitch games!

Taylor is doing so well in school. I love how she strives for perfection in everything she does. Sometimes it drives me crazy, but she tries so hard to be obedient and good in everything she does. She is going to be put in speech a couple days a week at school because she can't make the "R" sound very clear. It's really quite cute how she says it, but her teacher doesn't think it will be so cute in 5 years! Randy and I gave Taylor the choice if she wanted to be in it or not, and she decided she really wanted to. It helped that my mom told her my brother did speech and it's okay to be in speech and I think that made her feel better.

Megan has strep like i said earlier and is distraught to miss another day of preschool. Poor kid! She LOVES preschool and her teacher. I think she is just as sad also about missing out on riding her bike. She spends all afternoon outside riding up and down the street. She LOVES to rider her bike and most of the time I have to tell her to SLOW DOWN cause she rides so fast!

As far as an update on the monkey...she continues to climb out of her crib. In fact she knows how to climb in and OUT now! I think I'm just going to make her crib into a toddler bed and then put a gate across her door so she can't be out wondering in the middle of the night!

Sorry this post sounds like a christmas card! Remember this is my journal.....

Oh I have a yummy recipe to give you....I got this off my friends blog and it was super yummy! We made it last night and the kids loved it!

Cranberry-Chili Chicken

1/2 cup Heinz Chili sauce
1/2 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
2 T orange marmalade
1/4 tsp. allspice
4-6 skinless boneless, skinless chicken (about 1.5 pounds)

I just cooked it in the frypan, basting it in the sauce. We served it over rice but I'm also planning on doubling the recipe and cooking it in the crock pot all day long, then serving over rice or pasta! Enjoy!

Tonight i'm making beef stroganoff in the crock pot so I'll post the recipe tomorrow!

Have a great day everyone!

4 comments:

Wendy Phelps said...

Bummer! When a sickness goes from kid to kid to kid it does get tiring. At least with strep, they can give them an antibiotic and then they quickly recover. Our blog is our journal too. No apologies. I love keeping up with everyone this way.

the lucas' said...

Hope everyone get well soon, that is no fun! Ooh...baseball games, doesn't that bring back memories ;) I miss those days, we had alot of fun!!

linznkidz said...

hey mere!!! i think the idea for a gate at night to keep anney "closed" in is a great idea!! at least she cant hurt herself in her own room!! what if you even put the mattress on the floor...that way she wont fall out and hurt herself?? i dont know...i dont have any experience in that area (yet - hopefully!!) good luck!! :-) love you guys....

Jana said...

I hate sickies! I think Glen's mom & Tyson have caught something! Good job with Anney... we had to switch Tyson's dorknob around so we could lock it from the outside. Locking your kid in their room? Don't call CPS! It worked!