Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Happy Birthday!!!


Everyone Singing...I think Bethany and Reagan loved singing the loudest!


Blow!

Grandpa and Grandma Leavitt.....Bethany and Reagan

Grandma Leavitt...doesn't she look amazing?

Happy Birthday Grandpa and Grandma Leavitt, Reagan and Bethany!! All 4 of these guys birthdays are within a few days of each other. In fact Reagan and Bethany's (my cute sisters) birthday are the same day! (I even have 2 brothers born on the same day!) We had everyone in my family come over on Monday night for F.H.E. and cake and ice cream. They loved blowing out the candles on the cake...my grandma said she hasn't blown out candles ofr years! They are 82 and 80 now. They are amazing people. They are the greatest examples of Christlike love and service. In my eyes...they are perfect! Grandpa Weight (my dad) gave the lesson on traditions and asked all of us to share some traditions we remember as kids and traditions we have in our own families now. It was a great lesson and made me realize how lucky I am to have such a great family. We've done a lot of neat things and my parents have kept a lot of our traditions alive every year. This time of the year is spent with a lot of family and some of the traditions seem "silly" but when you stop and realize all the memories and great times you've had with one another, you are so glad you've kept those traditions alive. One of our favorite traditions that Randy and I both had growing up was going to grandmas house every Sunday night. Randy would play card games and visit with his grandma for hours. I remember going to my grandma and grandpa weight's home for popcorn and punch every single Sunday night. As kids we LOVED that and looked forward to it every week. Randy and I have continued that on with our own kids and they love it! That is one of the first things they ask me every Sunday morning...."Are we going to grandma Ferrin's and grandma weight's house tonight?" They LOVE it! I'm so lucky to have both of our families close by and be able to spend time with them often. As the holiday season is upon us in full force, think about how lucky you are to be able to be with your family and some of the neat traditions you have.

2 comments:

Jana said...

That's crazy that so many share birthdays? Very tough to do! You're family is admirable!

Gail said...

I'm so glad to see you posting again! What a fun night, it's good to see so many of your family members together! I haven't seen your parents in a long time. Tell them hi from me..k? I never knew there were so many kids with the same b=days before, that's really unique! You're such a great big sister and your home looks cute:).