Tuesday, September 9, 2008

{family updates} and a RECIPE!

Well we've had a million things going on, so I thought I'd write everything down so I can remember.....



First of all can I say how GRATEFUL I am that I used to scrapbook all the time and how much I realize I need to keep it updated.............The other morning at 7:10 I realized Travis hadn't finished his ELP homework that was due that day.....They only have ELP once a week so he's given the homework on Tuesdays and it's due the following Tuesday...well he didn't finish!! It happened to be a whole assignment on his timeline and writing down an event or two that happened each year he has been alive.....At first I thought I can't think this fast, but we went and pulled out the scrapbooks and it was a piece of cake and really fun to look back. We had so much remembering his soccer team when he was 4 and his stitches at the age of 3, etc. So I'm committing myself to get back to scrapbooking.....otherwise we are in trouble when he's asked to remember events that happened after he turned 8!!!

As far as other exciting or non exciting things that happen here.....

Saturday night we went with my parents to the ASU football game. We had a fun time and they won! I LOVE baseball and basketball games, but football and hockey games do bore me!!!

Sunday was church and get this......I ATTENDED choir for the first time in YEARS!! I'll be honest I DON"T enjoy singing! I'm not a terrible singer but I just don't enjoy singing. Well the choir director is a good friend of mine so I thought It's time to support her!! It would be hard to be the choir director and have to beg people to come so you can do your calling.......kinda like me begging people to come to Enrichment, etc. So I've decided to support her and my ward and start attending choir!! SO any of you in my ward that read this.....Choir is at 11:45 on Sunday!!!

Sunday night we fed my family dinner. We had ribs, chicken, potatoes, rolls and corn. For dessert we had homemade Apple Crisp and ice cream~! Randy bought a new outdoor type cooker so we wanted to try it out....It was awesome and we cooked 6 racks of ribs in 1 hour!!

As far as other exciting things....Travis has started "fall baseball" and he LOVED it. The girls are both in dance classes and Anney just destroys our house and herself with markers all day long!

We are alive and doing well.....

Here is the recipe for the APPLE GOODIE!!!

Apple Goodie

2 cups of peeled, cubed, or sliced apples
3/4 c. sugar
1 T.. flour
1/8 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. cinnamon

Stir the above ingredients in a large bowl with the apples and put in an 8*8 baking dish. In a separate bowl combine the following ingredients:

1/2 c. oatmeal 1/8 tsp. baking soda
1/2 c. brown sugar 1/8 tsp. baking powder
1/2 c. flour 1/4 c. melted butter

Pour the melted butter over the above ingredients and stir. This is your topping. It will be crumbly. Sprinkle topping over apple mixture and bake at 375 for 35-40 minutes. This is really yummy with ice cream or whip cream over the top.

3 comments:

The Whatcott Fam said...

Well as a choir director I have to say GOOD FOR YOU for supporting your friend!! It really is hard to depend on people in the ward to sacrifice their time during their busy Sundays to attend choir so that you can do your calling!

linznkidz said...

wow - mere - choir hu? that's awesome!! im so impressed!! you are a good friend :-) im glad you put the recipe of the apple goodie - it is one of the best!! I can eat like the whole pan myself!! cant wait to see baseball pix on ur blog - we will have to swap cameras :-)

Theresa Marie said...

MMM I'm going to try that recipe tomorrow!!!! thx