Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Guess where we spent the day today?

And guess with which child? Yep.....Anney!

As I was getting ready to get in the shower this morning I heard a loud crash so I rushed out to the family room to see blood squirting out of anney's head! She had pulled on the chord attatched to the WII and it fell off the top of the TV and took a chunk out of her forehead! Poor kid.......I grabbed some paper towels and gave Megan to my neighbor and then rushed to the ER. Anney had stopped crying and the bleeding was under control but after they looked at it she definitely needed stitches. We sat in the room for 3 1/2 hours before they came and stitched her up. Those of you who know anney, know that must of been miserable keeping her confined, no food or drink for that long. It was insane! Once they finally came, they gave me the option to stay or go....and I opted to wait outside. I don't deal well with blood or hospitals and I knew there was NO WAY I could handle watching them stitch her up. They wrapped her up super tight and had 3 doctors holding her down and then the doctor who stitched her up. It only took them about 10 minutes but Anney screamed and screamed while they did it. I could hear her yell mommy, daddy and B (binkie) through the WHOLE ER! After I walked in and picked her up she told the doctor thank you and BYE! It was so cute! She charmed everyone in the er, she brought such a fun bright spirit to their day. The ER is not the most upbeat place and Anney made everyone's day!

So that was our fun day.....She already had a burn and huge bump/bruise on her face from other incidents on Saturday so this just added to it! I'm sure this won't be the last time we are in the Er with this kid, but hopefully this will be it for our family this year. I started thinking this is the third set of stitches for us this year....that's a little too often!

When I take the band aid off tomorrow I will post pictures of our little cutie!

7 comments:

Jamie said...

Oh poor littlr cutie pie... I keep waiting for my utrn with my Wild Thing. I guess I should knock on wood.

Unknown said...

what an awful day! I probably would have been in the hall crying ): I am such a boob (:

Wendy Phelps said...

I am glad she is o.k. despite the stitches. What a scary thing. I feel like I never knew what real fear was until I had kids.

Steve and Erin Larsen said...

Poor little girl! She is such a doll! I hope my kids are as cute and happy as she is all the time!!

Gail said...

You poor thing! There's nothing worse than watching(or hearing) your kids suffer. Not to mention that wait in that place. I've been there more times than I care to remember. Thankfully she's ok! Sounds like she's your busy body!:)

lackrik said...

That's awful!!! :( I don't do well with blood and open wounds either. ick.

Hope she feels better!

The Whatcott Fam said...

How sad!! My oldest daughter did that same thing once when she was 1, but with our ceramic Christmas village on top of our entertainment center. She pulled the cord that connected them all together and it came crashing down on her head, giving her a big gash on her forehead!