Sunday, April 5, 2009

Wonderful Day!


Today and yesterday was general conference and it was incredible like always. I enjoyed every bit of it, and I feel like my testimony has been strengthened even more. I am so grateful that we have a true and living prophet who leads and guides us and speaks to us. All the speakers were so good and my kids were incredibly well behaved. They sat and listened so well, I think travis got so much out of conference. Today at dinner he was talking to my dad and grandparents about the speakers and what they talked about. I couldn't believe how much he remembered. I always make my kids sit and listen to the morning session and then the afternoon I make them watch it but they can bring a blanket or pillow and lie down. I always have high hopes that they will fall asleep so I can watch in peace and they never do, but today they actually did! The three girls were crashed and Travis just sat and watched conference. We had a great day and I know the spirit was in our home as we listened to the words of our leaders. After conference we enjoyed a great dinner with my parents and grandparents at our house.


Travis taking notes.....

taylor crashed!

Megan slept for 3 hours!


he is growing up so fast!






4 comments:

Shari Tate said...

I agree....Conference was just AMAZING! I have my favorite talks, but Sunday afternoon session was just incredible....we felt like they were just speaking to us! I made a goal to get to the temple more! Going this much in Utah, the boys have almost memorized the 'end'! I can't wait to take them to SL temple in the morning and do a live session!

julz said...

Your tv and entertainment center are very similar to mine. Your kids are so cute. I really enjoyed conference. I watched almost all of it but had to leave early for work. It always makes me want to do better.

Wendy Phelps said...

We love conference weekend. We make cinnamon rolls and Orange Julius and other special treats. It feels like a holiday and the best part is you are rested and spiritually recharged by the time the weekend is over.

Darin and Stephanie Forsgren said...

I wish I could say my Conference experience was the same.....but with 4 little boys it is impossible to keep them entertained and QUIET!! I can't wait to get the Ensign so that I can actually read all of what I missed! I'm so happy that you had a great Conference weekend!