Sunday, October 18, 2009

Lake Powell Triathlon


Yesterday randy competed in the Lake Powell triathlon....This was his first triathlon doing the olympic distance. Olympic Distance means a 1 mile swim, 25 mile bike ride and 6.2 mile run. He really wanted to swim in a lake for a triathlon so he figured this is a great opportunity and he loved LAKE POWELL. His time was 3 hours and 9 minutes. If you remember he just ran a marathon 2 weeks ago and he said he still felt some of the effects of his legs as he was biking and running, but overall he was happy with his time. It was beautiful scenery and the weather was awesome. I'm glad I got to come along and watch him....Good Job Babe!


Just starting the bike ride...I actually got to volunteer in this spot telling the bikers to turn and stay in the left lane....I said it a MILLION times, but it really was fun. Look at the scenery also....breathtaking!

Getting ready to start the second loop of the bike ride.

Coming in from the bike ride....Time to ditch the bike and helmet, change shoes, and start the run!


Just finishing the run.....






4 comments:

Jana said...

Awesome! We wanted to hear about how it went, so good job Mere since I forgot to ask you at church! Good job Randy!!!

Becky porter said...

wow!! amazing, I get anxiety just looking at the pictures, remembering mine... but hes doing such a great job staying in shape

Wendy Phelps said...

Amazing!! Go Randy!

Trainer Momma said...

WAHOO! Am I jealous or WHAT? What a great tradition he's started, I'm sure you'll be joining him in no time! ;)