Monday, August 11, 2008

First Day Of School....or should I say pure BLISS?






Man...it's quiet when you you only have 2 kids home. Today was the first day of school. Travis and Taylor were excited and the morning went very smoothly and easy. It felt good to have that early morning scripture study again, it's amazing how much nicer the day goes when you start the morning off with scriptures. Both the kids looked really cute and really thought it was "dumb" that I walked them to school. I NEVER take them to school they walk to and from EVERYDAY...so I really enjoy this one day of taking them and seeing their class line up, etc. I hope we have a great school year, I got a little teary dropping Travis off with his class of half 5th and 6th graders. I really want him to be treated as a 5th grader and man those 6th graders look so OLD and BIG. It will be an interesting year!


Like I said the house is really quiet. Sure Megan and Anney make their messes, but there is NO FIGHTING over TV, there isn't a million snacks out, the doorbell isn't ringing constant with friends wanting to play and the best thing is I haven't heard any Hannah Montana, Suite Life of Zack and Cody and no SPONGEBOB. I'm telling you it's nice to have Dora back on. Megan is bored though. When we got home she asked me, "Now what are we going to do?" She also keeps asking me when we are going to have a party now that the kids are gone back to school. I think it will be a long day for her, but she will quickly get used to it.



9 comments:

Jana said...

They look so cute! You won't know what to do when Megan hits preschool too! Good think Anney is so entertaining!

Jamie said...

Pure Bliss is a great description. They do look so cute!!

Crazymamaof6 said...

happy 1st day! WHOOHOO! love it! i was thrilled with the quiet too. by evening though the two that spent all day together,lost it, they've had enough of eachother all day.

way cute back to school outfits.
and way to go walking them. Lance ditched ours at the curb, and i was done with the pictures as far as the front yard! BLISS FOR SURE!

lackrik said...

Isn't it GREAT??? I almost posted a picture of ME showing my excitement on my "first day of school" blog entry....... but I didn't. I didn't want it to overshadow the kids excitment. LOL! I've also noticed my house is SO much cleaner with 2 kids gone!

Very cute little outfits!

Theresa Marie said...

wow that would be so different! They do look SO cute! Hope they had a fabulous first day!

Shari Tate said...

So can you post your italian chicken crock pot recipe? I had my Ranch Chicken leftovers for lunch! yummy!

I was thinking we should start a blog for recipes! My rule would be EASY start to finish in 1 hour or less....minimum - under 8 ingredients!!!
haha

Tiffany Matthews said...

Ryan started school again on Tuesday and I was very very happy. I look forward to Tues, Thurs, and Fridays for the hours that he is at school.

the lucas' said...

I love school!! Your kids look to cute. Did you buy the sandals? I love them and so do my girls. They're actually their 2nd pair, they had them last summer too. =)

The Kriloff Klan said...

I can't believe how big they are getting! I love having a schedule again, even though it is busy! To answer your question, we are needing lots of furniture! kitchen table, entry table, occasional tables, boys room furniture, etc. Do you know of any great places besides Amy's?