Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Travis is a contact wearing MAN!!!!!!!



He is SO HAPPY and excited! After two trips to the eye doctor, he was finally able to put in and take out his contacts! We went two weeks ago to order new glasses and ask about Contacts. Dr. Williams thought Travis would be old enough to have contacts so they let us experiment in the office with some contacts to see if he could put them in and take them out on his own. He worked with one of the assistants, but they wouldn't let us take them home until Travis could do it on his own. I really wanted Travis to be able to do it on his own also.....I figure if he wants contacts he needs to be able to put them in and take them out. I don't want to have to worry about it everyday. Well after an hour trying to put them in, his eyes were so bloodshot and sore, we decided to come back in 2 weeks when our glasses would be in and try again. Today we went again and after 30 minutes and probably 30 tries......he GOT IT! He was so excited. As soon as they went in, he yelled HALLELUJAH!! It was really cute! It was neat to see him want something bad enough and not give up. He is so tired of Anney grabbing his glasses, that he had enough incentive right there! He looks so cute without his glasses, and it makes me realize how much he is growing up! Love you BUD!!!


5 comments:

Shari Tate said...

WOOHOO!!!
YEA TRAVIS!

joni said...

Wow! Awesome Travis! I need to go and do that for Darin and Nate too!

Dan and Wendi Roberts said...

Yeah, how exciting! I can't believe how much he looks like Randy. You can really see it now that he isn't wearing glasses.

Darin and Stephanie Forsgren said...

Congrat's Travis!!! Good Luck!!

stockstalker said...

WOW! That's awesome! I was 37 before I got contacts. The thought of poking my eye with a foreign object made me oogy. But I sucked it up and did it and I've never looked back........