Thursday, August 28, 2008

wish me luck...................................

I'm tackling TRAVIS' room today!!! That kid is the biggest pack rat ever..Every wrapper to everything he ever ate...etc. How the wrappers all get down there is beyond me since NO FOOD is allowed out of our kitchen....... I should take before and after pictures...but I'll spare you all the pain. The best thing is he stashes clothes everywhere.....to him it's way easier to stash socks and underwear somewhere then put them away....it drives me NUTS!!! I'm so not this way so I just have to tackle it when he is gone to school so I don't get mad!! I am tempted to go pull him out of school and make him help me....but I'll spare him the pain!

Randy went to curriculum night a couple of nights ago and his teacher went on and on about how wonderful he is and smart he is.....but she says "his room must be a disaster cause his desk is SO bad!" His third grade teacher was shocked he didn't make ELP the first year he was tested cause I guess his messy desk is some type or personality that is in ELP. I can't say I believe that but he is in ELP now and his desk and room are a nightmare! He truly is such a good kid and i love him to death but holy cow, I'm starting to feel for his future missionary companions and wife!!!!





Anney just brought me a marker that she found in his closet and obviously she showed off her latest obsession...marking all over herself!! Good thing I learned long ago to only by washable!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Dan and Wendi Roberts said...

It must be an age thing to hide socks, underwear or just clothes in general. Our boys are always running out of clothes and I couldn't figure out why until I found...."THE PILE"! I don't know why they think it is easier to stash them than it is to just put them in the hamper! I too wonder if there is any truth to the messy kids in ELP. Brittani tested last year but didn't quite make it so they are going to test her again another time. Her room can be totally spotless one day and a complete DISASTER the next. Her desk also. Good luck with the room. One of these days I'll follow your example and just go in there and do it myself.

Jamie said...

Oh I thought it was just my kid!!! I make him clean the mess. I am not as nice as you are. Yeah for washable markers!!

Shari Tate said...

Travis, if you need to escape your organized mother...come live at my house, you'll feel completely at home!!! haha
I only wish my house was as clean as yours Mere!

I can just SEE Anney bringing you the marker....she does that with everything...she thinks she is so helpful!!

Tiffany Matthews said...

That must have been a big job, and it looks like you have a really big helper that you have to keep track of.